Gianfranco Bianchi is a visual artist learning and embracing all the ways one can tell a story. He started his career creating still architectural visualizations that became animations, visual effects for films, music videos and short films. At the same time his illustrations became comic books and concept art pieces who then turned into motion graphics and frame by frame animations. He understood that as a visual artist everything can become an important single art piece or one of many styles and techniques that can become something entirely different.
His work has taken him around the globe on location and through festivals that have awarded him best in show, publishing houses that have exhibited and published his comic books as well as fashion editorials. As well as donating his time to organizations like TEDx in Switzerland and Monte-Carlo as a stage designer and animator.
He is now in Switzerland working with the Lausanne Opera to making the first Opera in the world to have interactive experiences that complement each of their performances through the app he is coding. Their stories are told using 3D, animation, illustration, world building and augmented reality.
Key projects and clients:
- Art Director at Kijik Multimedia
- Head of AR/VR and interactive experiences at the Opera of Lausanne
- Lead animator for “Peter Panties” a multiple award winning short film
- His project “The Beach Chronicles” was asked to be showcased at the Miami International Film Festival
- Worked with the David Lynch Foundation as an animator
CH: +41 79 464 4293 | US: +1 305 482 1064